Olympus is a mountain that always used to chalenge people. Its peaks hidden in the clouds and pounded by fierce storms; this the place where Zeus lived ruling all gods and humans. At a lower level, its sunny wooded slopes are softened by the sea; this is where people live for thousands of years.
Olympus is the highest Greek mountain; it is the mountain of Greek myths, the symbol of a civilization; it is a monument of nature.
The guide includes the following:
- All the typical routes to the top.
- Hiking routes at lower slopes, which cover the entire mountain.
- Tables, diagrams and maps that make the text easier to read and understand.
- Practical info about the wider area.
- Detailed description for a total of 235km. of trails with altitude sections and marking of the main points.
- Maps based on the “Olympus 1: 25000” map by Anavasi publications.
- Practical tips for getting there and accommodation.
- + A SELECTION OF FIVE SKI TOURING ROUTES.